Monday, March 30, 2009

The BIG move

We had a VERY big weekend! Saturday morning I was given a call from Izaiah's doctor and they told me he was going to be moved from NICU to the regular infant unit. It was such a huge surprise! They moved him to his new room (he has a room all to himself!!) and Kennedie was finally able to hang out with her brother!! It was such a great day. There is a t.v. in his room so Christopher was able to sit him on his lap and watch basketball with him. This is something he has been waiting for since the day he was born! We took a family picture, which was well over due, but it was all so sudden none of us were really prepared to be photographed! To top off the weekend, the doctor told us that he will be coming home this weekend!!! He has to come home with a feeding tube, but besides that, he is perfect! Now that he is moved from NICU, he is able to have visitors without having a parent in the room. So, anybody that wants to go and visit him before he comes home is more then welcome! I would love to know if you go and see him, so please let me know!

6 comments:

Tasia said...

Congratulations!! How exciting for your family. I am jealous of your trip to Hawaii, it looks like you had a well deserved trip. Have fun bringing that cute baby home.

Brooke said...

I am so happy for you to finally get to bring him home! Enjoy all those firsts you have been waiting for.

Natasha said...

That is such great news! I am so excited for you guys. Enjoy taking him home! I agree with Tasia, I am super jealous of your Hawaii trip. It looked like it was a lot of fun! Congrats!

Petersons said...

oh yeah!! I'm so excited for you guys!! It will be so great to have him home with you. How are you feeling??

The Hansen Clan said...

Oh I am so happy for your family!! Let us know if their is anything we can do for ya! Congratulations!!! Call us if we can come see him! Love ya guys!

HannaH said...

We are sooo excited!!!! I can't believe this little baby will finally be coming home. Let me know what we can do, dinner, brownies, laundry. Yeah I know your impressed by range of abilities LOL! anyway we are really happy for you.