Thursday, April 9, 2009

Izaiah's journey

After 188 LONG days, Izaiah is finally home! I have been praying and waiting for this moment for so long, and now that it is here, I am scared out of my mind! My emotions are running me ragged! I don't know if it's just the pregnancy hormones or what, but I giggle like a school girl one second, and bawl my eyes out the next! I'm SO excited that my son is home. We are finally going to be a normal family! Kennedie will get to see her brother everyday (whether she wants to or not!) She will be able to love him, play with him, and try and give him away like a typical big sister! I'll be able to hear my son cry in the middle of the night and know that he is depending on ME, not a stranger. I'll be able to try and make up for the past 6 months. Try and make him glad that he came to this crazy place! Give him the comfort that no one is going to poke him, prod him, cut him open, or hook him up to a million machines. We are just going to love him like we have loved him since the day he was born. Here is a little glimpse at Zai's journey.














7 comments:

The Hansen Clan said...

I can only imagine all the emotions your are going thru.. I am so happy for your family that he is home and all is well.. I definatley want you to call if you need anything (even a trip to the store) We are here for you guys!! TTYL

Brooke said...

I am so happy for you and can't wait to see all the posts of the fun things you get to do as a family now instead of spending all your time at the hospital. Have a great first Easter with your two beautiful little ones!

Audy & Ash said...

Oh I love that the whole family is together finally!!! We are so happy for you guys and can't wait to hear more about all the adventures of having him home!!

McClellan said...

We are totally happy for all of you!!! Thats awesome news. Happy Easter one day early!

HannaH said...

Chris and Ashley I am so glad Zai is home. Your mom and dad said he is doing great and Uncle David says he can even get him to giggle. He is probably laughing at their matching hair do's, J/K (Uncle Dave you know I love ya) I can't wait until we can come and visit. My kids have been sick and they are on anti-biotics but as soon as they are all finished I will ditch them and be over.

Natasha said...

That is so great to hear. I was hoping to check your blog and see that he got to come home. I will be sure to let Wes know. I can't imagine the emotions you are going through. I am so happy for you guys!!!

Joe and Ellen said...

Chris and Ash we are so happy for you! I hope that you guys all get comfy there at home and that all goes well! We love you and will continue to pray for you all!! Can't wait to meet him!