Friday, July 31, 2009

Kenna sweet Kenna!

My beautiful baby girl turned 3 this weekend and for months she has been begging me for a castle cake. Seeing her cute face (and wonderful acting job) I couldn't say no and I looked everywhere for someone to make the perfect one. Of course, I was unsuccessful, unless I wanted to spend $200.00. Now call me cheap, but I figured I could make one just as good as theirs for a lot less money! After about 4 hours of perfecting my masterpiece, I was finally done! I must say i was pretty proud of myself. I thought it looked great! As soon as I was finished, I had Christopher put it in the fridge. NOW I could relax! OH NO!! Why would anything go that smoothly for me?? Kenna, sweet Kenna. I shake my head and laugh even now just thinking of it! Kennedie decided she wanted some juice and went to the fridge to get it. Now, mind you that she has been getting her own juice for quite a long time and NEVER a problem! For some wonderful reason, today was the day it would all come crashing down. LITERALLY! She knocked everything off the shelf right onto the cake! The entire back end was ripped off! I'm pregnant so of course the first thing I wanted to do was cry, but Kenna, bless her heart, had the saddest face of remorse! She kept saying "sorry mommy it was an accident", over and over. Just hearing her call me mommy again was enough to melt my heart, so what could I do. I doctored up the rear and called it a day! The rest of the day was VERY eventful! She started off by playing in her pool with her cousin alex until the rest of Christopher's family arrived. Then we went to the park and met the rest of her party guests for lunch and cake. She opened her presents, broke her pinata (well dad did) and ran through the sprinklers, then we ventured to the splash park. After that Papa Dave and Nana Pam took us out on the lake for more water fun! Kennedie had a blast on the boat! She and her dad road the tube and were having such a great time until...DISASTER! They tipped over! I, of course, went into panic mode and was on the verge of jumping in to rescue her, when I decided that, in my condition, I would probably just sink like a rock and someone would have to jump in to rescue me! Well, needless to say, she was fine. Just a little shaken up, but being the big girl that she is now, she got right back on and went for another ride! I was so proud of her! It was a very fun filled, LONG day, but I think Kenna loved every second of it. Happy birthday baby girl. MOMMY loves you!

My dad has always made mickey and minnie mouse pancakes on our birthdays. He thought he would keep the tradition alive with the grandkids but, of course, Kennedie has to be different! She decided that she wanted a chocolate chip elephant! Here is the outcome. Way to go dad!

4 comments:

Emily and Casey Hansen said...

You did so great with the cake!! I can't believe you made that, I was impressed! And I can't believe Kenna is 3! She is such a sweet little girl! It was so fun seeing you guys for a bit yesterday!

Petersons said...

that cake looks great!! She is such a cute little girl. She is so girlie...i love it!!!

Travis & Shauna Snow said...

WOW! I never knew you were so talented! The cake is awesome! Sounds like a good day!

Brooke said...

Awesome cake! Happy Birthday late Kenna! Looks like a fun one!