Friday, August 28, 2009

Jumping the gun!

We have had an eventful (and unwanted) few days. Saturday I started feeling some contractions that were only coming like every hour or so. They were not very painful, just uncomfortable so I assumed they were braxton hicks. Sunday, they were getting a little more painful but still really far apart. I've never had braxton hicks before so I, once again, assumed it was normal. Monday, they became pretty painful, but I sucked it up and went to work. I had my boss do an ultrasound just to make sure everything was ok. With my track record I was just a little nervous! Everything looked pretty good except my uterus was contracting. We were not to concerned and decided I just needed to relax. Monday night, the contractions woke me up because they were so painful and I realized they were coming a lot closer together. I went to the doctor Tuesday morning and they hooked me up to the fetal monitors and by now my contractions were coming every 7-8 minutes. They checked my cervix and I was dilated to 3. they had to give me an injection to try and stop the contractions, but wouldn't you know it, after 3 hours it didn't work. They then had to give me a magnesium drip which is one of the worst things I have ever had! The side effects were nausea, burning, nervousness and tremors. All of this on top of the contractions! Poor Christopher probably wanted to run away! I think I was so irritating to be around! But being the great guy he is he stuck around and held my hand! 7 hours of the mag drip and it finally slowed things down. I was eventually able to go home with a pill form of the magnesium. Now It looks as though I will be on bed rest for the next 7 weeks. I guess whatever it takes to keep her cooking a little longer!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh no! I'm glad they were able to stop labor for now. Good luck with bed rest.

Jada said...

So, today I called down to radiology expecting to hear your voice and once again it's not you. I then find out the new news. This sucks! Good Luck with everything. I already miss you at work.