Wednesday, January 14, 2009

one step forward, two steps back


Well, It's been a little while since I have updated you on Izaiah so here is a little info. Zai was taken off oxygen (yeah!) and is doing so great breathing on his own! He has tried figuring out how to eat from a bottle and does fairly well, but still gets a little too tired and has to be fed through his tube. I am reluctant in feeling optimistic about his progress because he is scheduled to have his "take down" surgery on Tuesday, and his last surgery experience was a little on the rough side! Although I am beyond thrilled about him getting rid of his ostimy bag, I am terrified on how the surgery will effect all of the progress he has made. I know he is such a strong little boy, and they say one step forward and two steps back, but I can't help but worry. I'm a mother, that's what we do!

8 comments:

Audy & Ash said...

He is such a little trooper i sure he will do great!!! You are always in our prayers!

The Hansen Clan said...

Ash- He looks really good in this picture. Hope everything keeps going well.

P.s I tagged you go to my blog to check out the details :)

Emily and Casey Hansen said...

Aww Ash he is getting big! You guys are always in our prayers! I can't wait to meet your little fighter!

HannaH said...

What a lucky little guy to have so many prayers for him. They are a very powerful thing and we are all praying his surgery goes well. I did a drive by to see your house and it is darling. I can't wait to see the inside.

Ben and Debs Aplanalp said...

The little guy is looking strong these days. You might recall that I was rather premature and I turned out to be a strapping lad. Pretty soon he will be beating Homie's lunch money out of him. That's not saying much since Homie is such a flippin' woos but hey it's progress. We love and miss you guys and pray for little Izaiah often. We hope to see you this summer.

Nicole, Mont and kids said...

Hey Ash,

We just want you to know how much we enjoy keeping up on you guys and especially the baby. He looks great I hope everything goes well tell your mom and dad hello for us.

Joe and Ellen said...

Ash he looks so good! You guys are always in our prayers. Hang in there.

The Jenkins Family said...

Sweetheart: You are such an awesome mother, to say nothing about what an outstanding granddaughter you are. You are just doing an outstanding job and taking care of your family and handling such daunting tasks. Our Heavenly Father never gives us more than we are capable of handling, so just hold fast to that and continue just doing what you do so well. Love, Grandma Angie