Sunday, January 31, 2010

For quite a while I have been battling problems with my thyroid. In the last year, I have been up, I have been down, I have been diagnosed with Hashimotos disease, I have had a biopsy and finally given the news that radiation therapy is my last resort. I'm not going to lie, I'm a little nervous. I have to leave my family for 3 days and be in isolation. I know that Chris will do a great job taking care of the kids and my family will be amazing and help out, but I can't help but worry. I don't really know what to expect afterwards. The idea of having to be on medication for the rest of my life is not exactly floating my boat! I am the WORST at remembering to take pills! I know that this is going to make me healthy in the long run and I am going to feel SOO much better, but I still wish I didn't have to do it! I do my first session on Wednesday to find out exactly how much radiation I need and then next week I will be given my doses and I will say goodbye for 3 days. Who knows, maybe in a few months I will be a spry young chicken again! I can only pray!!

8 comments:

Petersons said...

my sister just went through that last year! she had thyroid cancer and a huge tumor, she had to do the radiation afterwards. There is alot that goes into it. She had alot of rules of things she could do or not. She just stayed in a room in their basement instead of a facility. Her kids stayed at my mom's for a week so that her husband could take care of her, after the 3 days of course. if you want to know more you can fb me or text me or whatever! i'd be glad to help you feel more comfortable about it!

Tasia said...

Ash, that is no fun. I am sorry you have to go through that. I hope it all goes well and that everything gets better for you!

[Stacia] said...

So sorry! Good luck, we'll pray for you!

Emily and Casey Hansen said...

Ash, I am so sorry to hear about this!! If there is anything I can do please let me know! You will be in our prayers! Love ya!

Natasha said...

So sorry you have to go through that and be away from your family. I guess it is better to do it now than later. I hope everything goes well!

JoHanna said...

So so sorry. We will have you in our prayers. Good luck!

Graham Family said...

Ashley, hope everything is going good! It's hard right now but keep looking at the bright side, think of all the energy you will soon have to chase those cute kids :) If you need something in the mean time let me know.And tell your mom to call me the kids would love to have friends over.

HannaH said...

Ash I was signed in with the wrong name, the Graham family is just me:)