Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Puffy puffy puffy


Zai is slowly getting better. He was finally taken off of the oscillator and put on a regular ventilator. He gained almost 4 pounds in a few days so they have been giving him medicine to help him try and lose all of the fluid weight. He looks HUGE! the poor baby couldn't even move his head because his neck was so big. His belly was so distended that it was shiny and almost see through. The medicine has helped a little and he has lost about 1 1/2 pounds. He is still on a lot of pain medicine so they are trying to slowly wean him off so they can place a feeding tube and see how well he does digesting. Hopefully in a week or so, he will be able to come off of the ventilator! Things are just happening really REALLY slowly. so it may take a while for anything to change. As of now, he is hanging in there!

3 comments:

Tasia said...

Ashley, I just found your blog. I just want to say what amazing people you and Chris are. You have such a wonderful outlook and your little family is so beautiful. Kenna is as gorgeous as her mother, and little Zai is such a trooper. I was so touched by your story but it saddens me that you two have had such struggles to go through. We will keep you in our thoughts and hope that one day soon you will be able to bring that sweet baby boy home. --Tasia (Woolstenhulme)

Tiffany said...

I found your blog through Tasha's blog and I constantly think about you and Chris. What an amazing family you have! Your strength is unbelievable and I hope that your baby boy will get better real soon so you can bring him home. Know that there are a lot of people out there praying for you. ~Tiffany~ (Jensen)

Brooke said...

Hey Guys! Tasia told me she found your blog so I had to check it as well. I hope you don't mind if I keep coming back. I have been thinking of you all often and we pray for you and your little man. I haven't heard any updates since I saw Kat at Bridgette's shower in NOVEMBER. Seriously. You guys are a tough family. Kennedie is such a little beauty and your little Zai...SO handsome. We will continue to check in--and to pray.