Friday, February 20, 2009

miracles

Let me start off by saying I believe everything happens for a reason. God has a plan for us and we need to have faith that everything will turn out alright in the end. just like many people, we have had many struggles and trying times, but looking back, most of them have been blessings in disguise. When Izaiah was born so early, I was angry. I wondered what he had done to deserve all the pain he was going through. Now, I see the big picture. If he hadn't been born so prematurely then he wouldn't have been so sick and needed surgery. If he hadn't had surgery, then we never would have known he had the birth defect malrotation of the intestines. Years down the road, we could have lost him in an instant. We were given a miracle. My family is another blessing. I love my family. I love everything about them, but it was a very long and emotional process to get where we are. It took 4 years and many rounds of fertility to get pregnant with Kennedie. And it took 2 years and many more rounds of fertility to get pregnant With Izaiah. I would sit and watch my friends and family decide to have a baby and in a few months they were pregnant. Although I was so happy for them, I was so sad it didn't work that way for me. But looking back, if I hadn't had the trouble that I had then I wouldn't feel the way I feel right now. Like I have been given another miracle. I'm pregnant! No fertility, no years of waiting. Just like that! I'm not going to lie to you, when I found out I cried! I cried because I just had a baby! I cried because i have a 5 month old son still in the hospital, I cried because I am terrified if my body can handle another pregnancy, but I cried the most because it is such a miracle! All of my fears aside, I'm so excited! I know it sounds crazy, but i feel that it was meant to be. I excepted the fact that we would only have 2 children. We were so blessed to have them. But it goes to show, God does have a plan for me. So I rest in his arms. For now, I am happy, healthy, and blessed once again!

12 comments:

Petersons said...

oh my gosh!!! Oh...it even made me cry!!! I'm so excited for you! You worded it just right! That is the best miracle you could have ever asked for!! I know we live far away but if you need anything really, just let me know!! You will have to post all the details of your due date and stuff!!! yeah!!!!

Natasha said...

Congratulations! That is so amazing! Your post was so touching! Pregnancy truly is a miracle and I hope everything goes well for you. You are in our thoughts and prayers and let us know if you need anything. Congrats!!!

Travis & Shauna Snow said...

You are such a gifted writer! I had to choke back my own tears while reading that, and I already knew!! You are blessed with your children because you are an awesome parent! Congrats!

Emily and Casey Hansen said...

I am so happy for you guys Ash!! You are such a great mom and such a strong person! You are blessed because you deserve it! We love you guys and we can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Hope you had fun in Hawaii!

Jennifer Johnson said...

ASHLEY AND CHRIS THIS IS WONDERFUL NEWS!

Kay's said...

Hey Ashley my name is Ashley Kay i live in Vernal and i have a blog and i blog around alot i have found lots of friends and old friends from high school i love to keep in touch with people i am married and have a little boy and am pregnant with another little boy were excited and we are LDS.I came acrossed yours through a friends blog and i have felt so sorry for you guys so i have kept up on your blog so i can make sure your little boy is doing good my prayers are with you guys. I am so glad he is doing good. And congrats on your pregnancy that is so exciting and amazing, pregnancy is a miracle i too believe in miracles. I hope you except me as a friend and don't think i'm crazy.

HannaH said...

Hey Ashley I am glad the cat is out of the bag. I didn't know if you were telling people or if you had even wrapped your head around it yet. I am very excited for you and pray that your life gets a little easier soon. You are so strong and have done such a great job lately. You really deserve a breather. Hug little Zai for us. We can't wait until we can do it ourselves.

Ashlee said...

Oh my goodness!!! That is so exciting I am sure you feel overwhelmed with everything going on in your life but you are right things happen for a reason and this new little one is supposed to be coming to your little family!! You are going to do great, I hope you are feeling well Kisses to Zia and family!! CONGRATS!!
We are so happy for you!

JoHanna said...

Congrats Ashley That is so awesome. I hope and pray all may go well

The Jenkins Family said...

What a lucky Grandmother I am to be blessed with such a beautiful, insightful and just an all-around wonderful granddaughter. You make my heart swell with gratitude. Grandma Angie

Andy, Lacy, Jarett & Kanin Schumann said...

Hey, Congratulations on your next miracle. I can't believe that you are going to have 3 kids :)
Lacy S.

Brooke said...

Congratulations, I am so happy for you both. I'm sorry it took me so long to read your post. I hope everything goes smoothly for all your little ones.